You know that good oral health starts with regular visits to the dentist. Despite your best efforts, brushing and flossing alone can’t ensure your mouth stays healthy. At Valley Oak Dental Group, we perform digital X-rays so we can create a treatment plan that targets your specific needs.
Learn About Digital Imaging for Dentistry
After your regular oral exam, your dentist takes dental X-rays to get a better view of your mouth and jaw. To get the most accurate view of your teeth, we’ll use the following types of X-rays:
- Bite-wing (to see the upper and lower teeth and discover decay)
- Cephalometric projections (to view the side of your jaw)
- CT scans (to see 3-D images of your entire mouth and jaw)
- Occlusal (to show full tooth placement and development)
- Panoramic (to show your entire mouth in one image)
- Periapical (to see the tooth from the crown to the end of the root)
- Sialographs (to show the salivary glands)
- Tomograms (to view areas of your mouth in layers)
These X-rays allow your dentist to see abnormalities that he or she might not see during the initial exam. Digital imaging can reveal the following dental issues:
- Decay in between teeth
- Issues below the gum line
- Issues inside teeth
- Poor root or tooth position
- Tumors (both cancerous and non-cancerous)
The sooner we detect these issues, the sooner we can treat the problem and improve your oral health.
Trust Our Skilled Staff
Since 1979, we have provided patients in Manteca, CA and the surrounding areas with expert dental care. We also staff 10 dentists and nine hygienists to provide you with comprehensive treatment for any dental issue you may encounter.
Contact Valley Oak Dental Group Today
To schedule an appointment with one of our dentists in Manteca, CA, call us at 209.823.9341. If you’d like to request more information about digital imaging for dentistry, fill out the form on the right-hand side of this page.