Your tooth has bothered you for some time, but you feel a wave of panic wash over you at the thought of seeing a dentist.
If the above scenario sounds familiar, you’re not alone. Many Americans avoid dental checkups and restorative procedures because they fear the sounds, smells, and sensations associated with dental work.
Fortunately, Valley Oak Dental Group offers sedation dentistry to Tracy, CA patients—or to any anxious patient in San Joaquin County. You can put all your worries and anxiety aside when you visit our office.
Enjoy the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry from Salida, CA to Ripon, CA
Our dental caregivers offer relief to anyone who fears the dentist’s chair. Sedation dentistry is the preferred choice for many patients because of its simplicity. In fact, patients can take most sedatives orally.
By choosing sedation prior to your procedure, you:
- Calm anxious thoughts
- Avoid needles altogether
- Experience no pain and few (or no) side effects
- Receive constant supervision during your procedure
- Allow the dental team to work efficiently
- Imagine the procedure to be shorter overall
Keep in mind that you will need help from a family member or friend who can drive you to and from our office.
Learn More About the Sedatives We Offer
We commonly offer IV sedation, oral (conscious) sedation, and nitrous oxide, but each sedative works at varying levels:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is mild. Most patients report a contented feeling and elevated mood during administration. Meanwhile, the dental team monitors gas flow throughout the procedure.
- IV sedation is moderate, and it works best on relatively short procedures. Patients may feel sleepy during and after the procedure.
- Oral sedation is a moderate treatment that calms patients during dental work. This option is especially helpful for patients who fear injections and needles. Patients are awake during their treatments, but most have no memory of procedural smells, sensations, or noises afterward.
If you desire further information about the drug types we offer in oral sedation, please ask. We’re happy to answer questions about sedation dentistry. If your Ripon, CA dentist doesn’t offer this option, call us instead.
Make your pain-free appointment today!